Okay, so you made your resolutions on the 1st of January to eat healthier, lose those extra pounds and get in shape, but somehow the 'oomph' is gone and you need some motivation...
Here are a few reminders to help you get back on track, keep up good habits, and be a good example for your family and the people around you:
- Drink lots of water - keep a bottle with you at all times.
- Fill your refrigerator with an abundance of fruits and vegetables.
- Keep your food processor, blender and juicer on your counter and use them!
- Take the time to prepare a salad at least once a day.
- Cook and prepare food at home as much as possible.
- Only eat when you're hungry - listen to your body.
- Avoid salt and processed sugars.
- Read the ingredients on every single label - know what you are putting into your body.
- Try not to eat after 8 or 9 PM.
If you must eat in the evening make a bowl of air popped popcorn, preferably plain...eat an apple, have a frozen banana, peel a grapefruit, make a cup of your favorite tea.
When you're on the go, take along an apple, banana, some grapes, a bag of nuts & raisins (unsalted) and sliced veggies, so you won't be hungry and grab something unhealthy later on.
Keep carrot and celery sticks in your frig. at all times. Buy already prepared or make them yourself (preferable). Keep them in water and they will stay fresh, crispy and tasty. When you feel like snacking they'll be ready for you to have with some hummus, dip, or your favorite dressing.
Buy cereal like puffed corn, puffed wheat and puffed rice that has no salt or sugar. They are great to snack on while watching a movie or going on a long trip. Arrowhead Mills makes a number of different kinds and you can find them at Whole Foods or local supermarkets.
When you go to a party or gathering where everyone brings food to share, treat them to a beautiful fruit or vegetable platter with dip or dressing. That way you will be sure to have something healthy to eat and those around you will appreciate it as well.
Enjoy, and please share this blog with at least 3 people!